Piled high and Dry for TimeSEATTLE -- A recent PhD grad looks for a job and writes her own news items for this column on her website.
I am currently looking for a job making use of my skills:
- Using speculative and value-sensitive design techniques to discuss prefered futures for technology design and use.
- Extensive experience conducting interviews.
- Ability to synthesize qualitative data (make sense of chaos and deliver insights).
- Extensive experience designing and leading workshops.
- Strong leadership, teaching, and mentoring skills.
- Experience with videography and video editing.
My dissertation, Personal Data and Team Dynamics: Tracking Technology in U.S. College Sports, has been published! Click here to view or download it. If you are interested in my dissertation work, I will be publishing my work from the second study (Chapters 5-7) as soon as possible.
I sucessfully defended my dissertation!
For the last seven months I have been working on a Speculative Design project that envisions preferred futures for the design and use of sports tracking technology. I worked with 11 students, including four student-athletes, two art and design students, three HCDE students, one visual communication student, and one industrial design student to design and produce three videos exploring these preferred futures. Click here to watch the videos.
I passed my dissertation proposal!
In the news! Updated with a new story, Finding the Swing, from the week of April 20th.
I passed my General Exam! I am now a PhD candidate!
I attended GROUP in Sanibel Island, Fl and presented my first, first author work!